For your thermal transfer printer to provide the best print performance, you need a perfect fit between the printer, the material being coded, and the performance of the thermal transfer ribbon. If you do not consider all the options when you choose a suitable ribbon, printing problems like the one above will continue to occur. To help you with the ribbon that best suits your particular application, Videojet offers you some basic thermal transfer ribbons.
Normally TTO ribbons use two types of ink layers—a wax/resin mixture and a neat resin. Which one of the ribbons really suits you depends on your application.
Wax / Resin Ribbon Application
• Universal ribbons for a variety of print speeds
• Good dirt and scratch resistance
• Can withstand 100oC good heat resistance
• Extensive range of color options
• Provides good print quality at various print speeds
Resin ribbon application
• Excellent stain and scratch resistance
• Can withstand excellent heat resistance at 250°C
• Less color than wax/resin ribbon
• Only for low speed applications
• Provides superior print quality than wax/resin ribbons
Please note: Pure wax ink layer is not suitable for TTO applications
Advantages of using ground coating technology
If TTO users do not use high-quality thermal transfer ribbons, they are likely to face many problems. Poor quality ribbons have poor lubrication and can easily cause print head wear; poor heat resistance can cause film burning; poor ribbons are also prone to static charge buildup; poor thermal conductivity can affect ink transfer. There are various problems. All Videojet ribbons use advanced underside coating technology to solve these problems.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Thermal transfer is a highly technical process
- Analysis of Characteristics of Various Varietie...
- The difference between thermosetting ink printi...
- Use, storage and management of ink
- Flexo ink is enough for this
- Classification of thermal transfer ribbons for ...
- The composition of the ribbon
- Thermal transfer ribbon is divided into three t...
- What are the main industries for thermal transf...
- How to choose the barcode ribbon?
- What is invisible bar code
- There factors contribute to the premium thermal...
- TTR printer for Black Resin Thermal Transfer Ri...
- The difference between the code printer and the...
- Application of Thermal Transfer Ribbon
- How to distinguish between wax ribbons and resi...