Users often need to determine what type of ribbon (such as wax, hybrid, or resin based), width, and length of the ribbon when purchasing a barcode ribbon. In order to be able to choose the right, cost-effective ribbon, and get the best print results, consider the following:
1) Printing method
If it is a thermal transfer method, the ribbon is consumed simultaneously with the label paper. In terms of width, the width of the ribbon should be equal to or greater than the width of the label paper and less than the maximum print width of the printer. Due to the different physical dimensions of each printer, the maximum roll length that can be loaded and the maximum width that can be printed are also different. In addition, the working temperature of the print head and the ribbon can also have a great impact on the printing effect.
2) Print material
If the surface is relatively rough (such as coated paper), it should be used with wax-based or mixed-based carbon ribbon; the surface is relatively smooth (such as PET paper), should be used with resin-based ribbon.
If you want to print out the content of the label can maintain a clear and lasting content, you should choose the resin-based ribbon.
4) Printing costs
In general, the cost of wax-based carbon ribbons is the lowest, followed by the cost of mixed-carbon ribbons, and the cost of resin-based carbon ribbons.
5) The label's scratch, scratch, smear, corrosion, high temperature and other requirements
If the label is scratch-resistant, smear-resistant, corrosion-resistant, and resistant to high temperatures, the label may need to have a strong scratch resistance. At this time, the resin ribbon or the ribbon-based ribbon should be selected.
6) Print speed
If the printing speed is faster, you should choose a barcode ribbon with better sensitivity and quality.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Thermal transfer is a highly technical process
- Analysis of Characteristics of Various Varietie...
- The difference between thermosetting ink printi...
- Use, storage and management of ink
- Flexo ink is enough for this
- Classification of thermal transfer ribbons for ...
- Thermal Transfer Ribbon Selection Guide
- The composition of the ribbon
- Thermal transfer ribbon is divided into three t...
- What are the main industries for thermal transf...
- What is invisible bar code
- There factors contribute to the premium thermal...
- TTR printer for Black Resin Thermal Transfer Ri...
- The difference between the code printer and the...
- Application of Thermal Transfer Ribbon
- How to distinguish between wax ribbons and resi...
- Comprehensive understanding of the characterist...
- Wax ribbon is a widely used product
- characteristics of different ribbons
- Ribbon coder introduction